DizzleSky’s cooking and eating ethos

The DizzleSky ethos embodies how I approach food. Different elements may work better for you than others, some not at all. As we are all individuals everyone will benefit in different ways. DizzleSky is about flexibility not rigid rules – the support we offer can enable you to cook well, eat well and live well.

 

  1. HealthFULness – ‘having or conducive to good health’. Try to ask yourself when you eat something what is my body gaining from eating this and how much energy do I have once I have eaten it?

 

  1. DizzleSky is not a diet, it is a paradigm shift to a mindset that food is fuel and good food is good fuel.

 

  1. Live by the 80/20 rule… Life is for living right? I am a firm believer we should make the most of our time on planet earth. By eating and drinking healthfully for 80% of the time you’ll feel great and for the remaining 20% you need not feel punished, guilty or restricted. This is a flexible approach to suit your life – use it in a day, a week or a month. There are times when we all tend to eat and drink whatever we like – for me this is at Christmas, on holidays or when I feel poorly. I then use the 80/20 approach to get back on track and refocus on eating healthfully. This approach is sustainable for life and soon you won’t even be conscious of doing it.

 

  1. Meals don’t have to have a title, they can be made up of healthful ingredients which balance in terms of colour, texture and flavour.

 

  1. Keep your building block ingredients constant throughout the year (pulses, carbs, natural herbs and spices and natural and processed flavours), and try to change your fruit, vegetables, meat and fish as much as you can in line with the seasons.

 

  1. Make small changes slowly and add them in to things you find work already. Anything too radical ain’t going to last!

 

  1. Discover and personalise your cooking style. Get in touch if you’d like to find out more.

 

  1. Reflect on the way you do things well in your work and home life. Try and mirror this in the kitchen.

PS. Always remember that ‘cooking’ is made up of the 5 points below. You can’t jump to stage 4 without going through stages 1, 2 and 3…

1. Planning

2. Shopping

3. Preparing

4. Cooking techniques

5. Flavours, colours and textures